Do you have T-Shirts or Baby Clothes laying around, in garbage bags, in drawers, or boxes, and not wanting to throw them out? Then send them my way and I’ll make you a special memory quilt with those precious clothing.
I didn’t want to throw out my favorite T-Shirts so I made a quilt out of them. I had a customer give me her baby boy’s and girl’s clothes and I too made a rag quilt out of them. I totally understand what the piece of clothing means especially when I look at my own T-Shirt quilts.
Memory Quilts are one of a kind gifts that are great for any and every occasion! The receiver will cherish these quilts forever.
Each quilt is different and unique. I let the clothing do the talking. No quilt will be the same.
Quilt Constructions for both quilts
- First layer is the Clothing which is the primary focus of the quilt. The size for the baby clothes shirts will vary due to the size of the shirt and graphics. The T-Shirt Panel typical size is 15″ and you can use both the front and back of the shirt.
- Heat Bonded Stabilizer. I use a heat bonded stabilizer as it is heat bonded to the back of the clothing panels. This provides stability from the stretching and puckering it helps me with a stable foundation.
- Sashing. Sashing is used in the T-Shirts quilts but can be used for the baby quilts if you don’t prefer the ragging effect. It helps frame the T-Shirts. Just depends if you chose a design with sashing included.
- Batting. The middle layer is the batting which gives the quilt its thickness and texture after quilting.
- Backing. This layer is for the backside of the quilt and is typically an accenting solid color or designed fabric.
- Binding. This is for the perimeter of the quilt that holds all the edges. Binding will not be used on the Rag Quilt as shown in the Baby Clothes Quilt pictured above.
Pricing for T-Shirt Quilts
***I can also make crib size quilts out of loved ones clothing for $250.
What I need to know:
- Design of quilt: Shadow Box, T-Shirt Quilt with or without sashing, Special Custom Design with Quilt Blocks, Patchwork or Rag Quilt
- Size of quilt
- When do you need it by?
Pricing for Baby Clothes Quilts
For the Baby Clothes Quilts this is just the minimum needed to make the size you want. For example, if you have 50 clothes and want a twin size quilt. I can do a twin size quilt with the number of clothes you have.
****I require half of the quoted price as a payment. I accept personal checks, cash, or credit cards.
Check out my Quilt Sizes Chart, this will give you an idea of the size you are wanting.
Need me to put the binding on your quilt? Then check out my Price for Binding Chart.
If you are looking for my longarm machine prices.
Contact Us anytime with your questions!
Check out some of the customer quilts I have done.