10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Longarmer
Your top is completed. Now what? You have several options of how to finish your quilt top: hand quilting, quilting on your sewing machine, or longarm quilting. You’ve spent time choosing your fabric, cutting it, and then sewing it back together and not to forget, the money spent.
If you don’t want to hand quilt or quilt using your sewing machine then hiring a longarmer is the way to go, but how to choose the right one for you. Here are some questions to consider when hiring a longarmer.
- How long have they been longarm quilting?
- Is the machine hand driven or computerized?
- How long will it take to get the quilt back?
- How much do they charge? Get an estimate.
- Do they provide the batting? How much? Can I provide my own?
- What type of thread do they use?
- Can I see examples of your work?
- What design do they recommend for your quilt top? Color thread?
- Do they do pantographs (edge to edge quilting), custom, or free motion?
- Where are you located? Can I ship my quilt top?
Don’t forget to ask your friends and family for recommendations. Check out your favorite quilt shops they can recommend someone for you too.
Check out my post…10 Things Your Longarmer Would Like You To Know
Just maybe you would like to do your own quilting on your sewing machine. If you do, then I recommend check out Craftsy and these classes…
There are sew many classes, those are just a few of them. Check it out!